Wednesday, 16 May 2007

English Slang - not adviced for anyone under 18!

That text is not for anyone under 18, contains strong language.

First I’ll list few movies which are really worth watching before you come to England, most of slang is in them, as well as most of English reality.

Trainspotting – hardcore movie about drugs
Human Traffic – shows how life of most 20+ year old people looks
Green Street - about football fans with that guy from Lord of the Rings in it
Football Factory – another football movie
Kidulthood – about London teenagers

Want to insult someone? Someone almost run you over and you want to say something else then just “fuck you” ? Or did you just met a cool group of English teenagers and want to sound as cool as they?

Read this then, a list of popular teenage terms, thanks to this you will sound like a proper English bloke/chavette.

To be cool:

Insteed of saying “ass” say “arse”, ass is American, when arse is English. Means same thing, butt, bum.

When you or someone in your group get drunk you can say “he is off his nut”, “he is wankered”, “he is pissed” (that’s the most popular one), “rat-arsed”, “shitfaced”, “he is a piss-head”. If you took drugs then you got “wasted” or “stoned”.

But to piss or pee means to urinate. “I pissed on my neighbours car yesterday...when I was completely rat-arsed.”

To "bang" someone or to "shag" someone means to have sex with him/her. “I shagged that bird twice, and then some other guy banged her, innit.”

When someone says “wow that’s a lovely bird over there” it doesn’t mean they are nature-lovers, it means they just seen a good looking girl.
So, bird, chick, piece of arse = girl

To "act bitchy" doesn’t mean to fuck around or sleep around, it means to be moody and generally not nice to others. “Oi, stop acting bitchy or I gonna spank ya.”

A bloke is a term used for a guy, lad, like me, I’m a good looking bloke :p
Dude is American equivalent. “That Mike is a nice lad.”

Bull goes for that male cow, as well as for bullshit, which means not true, lying etc. When someone is bullshitting it means they are lying to you. “That’s total bullshit.”

A ciggy is slang for a cigarette, same as fag.
But in England most people smokes roll-ups, small cigarettes that you roll up yourself, using a rizla (paper) some tobacco and a filter. “Can I pinch you a rollup mate?”

Fag stands for a gay person as well, so don’t get confused. Other names for gay are homo and fudge-packer, queer. “I’m not homophobic, I have a queer friend.”

Weed, grass, pot, ganja, stand for marihuana, and if you roll a spliff it means you are having a perfumed cigarette or a biff. “Oh man, that’s some nice skunk you got in that spliff.”

Words that mean an idiot or an unpleasant person are: plonker, wanker, asshole, twat, cunt, bastard, retard. Cunt, twat means also woman's genitalia, and both those words are considered most offensive in English language.

“You fucking retarded wanker!”

Chav is a bloke that often wears tracksuit and white trainers, they are a bit like hip-hop wanna be, when most of them just listens to dance music. Chavette is a female equivalent. “That fucking chav is just asking for beating, innit”

Mate – very common term, it’s just the way people say to each other, means something like a friend, but can be used when speaking to anyone. “You alright mate?”.

Thick means either something big in seize, but if you say it as an insult it means stupid, thick as shit (or hell) means very stupid. “Oh my god, you are really thick as shit.”

Innit – now that’s a biggy, most often used by chavs, but all teenagers use this “word”. Contraction of "isn't it", "isn't he/she", "aren't they", "isn't there" and many other end-of-sentence questions. For greatest effect use in places where it would make no sense whatsoever if expanded. For example : “I got this new phone, innit” or “check this shit innit”, “innit”, “fucking twat stole my mobile, innit”, “I need a new pair of trainers, innit”.

Going down might mean that someone is losing or licking pussy/cock, depends on context.

I’ll keep that post updated as I remind myself more of English slang terms, most of them are insults, but that’s just the way slang is.

Labels: , ,

Tuesday, 15 May 2007

The 13 Safety Best Practices of London

London isn’t as dangerous as people say. Sure, it’s an infamous city for its high crime rate, but remember that most of it is pick-pocketing and bag-snatching.
Only on Oxford street – the capitals busiest shopping area, there are 35 cctv (Closed Circuit Television) cameras in operation. And police is really trying their best to keep London safe.

So without future ado, here goes my 13 tips:

1. During the day, on big streets and open areas it’s really safe, in busy places those in the centre, full of turists there is a risk of losing a wallet like I said earlier, but if you hide it well, and pay attention to your surroundings nothing will happen. Do not carry your wallet in your back pocket, so many people do that thinking “I will feel if someone gonna pinch it”, believe me, you won’t and even if you will, it might be too late.

2. The most common theft happens in restaurants and pubs, especially in central London where thieves prey on tourists. If you put your bag on the floor you may lose it.

3. If you get your bag, or wallet stolen, block your credit card/s as soon as possible, don’t wait till morning.

4. Cover up expensive looking jewellery.

5. If a car stops and you are threatened, scream and shout, and set off your personal attack alarm if you have one. Get away as quickly as you can. This will gain you vital seconds and make it more difficult for the car driver to follow. If you can, make a mental note of the number and description of the car. Write down details as soon as possible afterwards.

6. Real problems start at night, after 11pm it gets dark and in like any other city in the world, you can get robbed, including possibility of being a victim of violence etc.
Try not to travel on your own, it’s always safer in a group or at least in a pair, especially if you are a girl.
I’m not being funny, but everyone knows about obesity problem in England, so fit girls from around Europe who arrive to London are in danger of harassment.

7. When using underground in late hours, try to always pick a carriage with some passengers on, as there are small gangs of teenagers who like to pick on a loner to get some cash, if you know what I mean.

8. When you travel around the city, there’s a site I recommend, Transport for London.
It’s a government site, and it contains all important information including prices and maps, so all essential stuff.

9. If you need to use a taxi, or just prefer them, (as they are not expensive and provide you with easiest way to travel, you just need to know a name of the street) remember to use only LICENSED cabs. That’s very important. I remember when I seen that thriller about a murderer who was using a taxi that was modified inside so people can’t get out, for killing. And, even though it wasn’t a true story, those things happen, so pay attention to what taxi you get into.
It’s always best to book a cab over a mobile, so you are sure that taxi that came is licensed.

10. Also, pay attention to the road, in some places in London people drive like crazy, and even though in central London streets are usually stuffed with cars, elsewhere traffic is smaller, so cars go faster.

11. When traveling by a double-decker, on the top deck, do not try to grab lanterns and walls of buildings, it really ends in a gore-like show... silly, but people do that without realizing that if you actually do that, then something might happen...

12. When you're out and about in London try not to look like a tourist. Yeah I can hear you laughing, but - the more you
look like a local the less trouble you are likely to have. Don't wear your cameras around your neck or over your
shoulder, if you must - wear them inside a jacket. The same goes for bum bags, they are then less obvious and accessible.

Areas in London:

(based on info from London Police statistics


Tower Hamlets

A bit less dangerous:

Waltham Forest

Those of average safety:

Barking & Dagenham

Safe ones:

Kensington & Chelsea
Kingston upon Thames
Richmond Upon Thames

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

13. IMPORTANT If you don’t have a mobile yet, get one. If you do find that you need the police, dial 999 or 112 from any land-line or mobile. If you have a mobile, its really easier to get help, then by trying a phone box, especially as if you are in a phone box, you can’t run with it in your hand while calling police, can you?

That would be it, I know that most of those tips apply for any big city, but London isn’t much different, believe me. If you follow those tips you can be sure that nothing bad happens and you’ll have a pleasant time in Englands Capital.

Labels: , , , , , ,

Sunday, 13 May 2007

Bringing pets to the UK

This will be a short post, just one link covering the whole topic.

It's a government website, I could copy everything from it and paste it here and claim that it's mine but I won't as I respect others people work.

Also I could rephrase everything and post here and claim it's mine, but what's the point when they covered it in simple language and in a nice way.

There's nothing to add really, that site answers all questions that you would have, I'll call them on Monday to make sure that all information there regarding transporting pets is actual.

Enjoy, and hope it helps.

Website on bringing pets to UK

There's nothing to add really, that site answers all questions that you would have, I'll call them on Monday to make sure that all information there regarding transporting pets is actual.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

Part 5: To Rent Or Not To Rent

In this article I'll cover the topic of renting apartments, rooms and such, so generally speaking - getting an accommodation.

Renting Apartments

Ok, I'll start from posting few prices from around England, and after this we'll move to a short conclusion.

South East England

Hastings - East Sussex (It's on the sea side, in south)
1 bedroom apartment ~ 400 pcm (pcm stands for - per calendar month)

London ~ 1.100 k pcm -yes, over one thousand pounds for a month

South West England

Plymouth ~ 500 pcm

East England

Norfolk ~ 400 pcm

North West England

Manchester ~ 300 pcm

Liverpool ~ 300 pcm

North East England

Newcastle ~ 350 pcm

So, what does it tell us?

The main thing that we can notice is that prices in south are generally higher then prices in north of England.

Also, generally prices in cities/towns on sea side are higher then others, London is an exception, but it's because it's capital.

For many years prices in London were a lot higher then anywhere else.

Now, when we know how the prices around England vary we can move on to explaining general process of renting an apartment.

You have a choice of either renting directly from a landlord or through an agency.
You can find various adverbs in newspapers to rent directly.
Problem is that it's not as safe as renting through agency. I heard about "scams" and such, don't get me wrong here, I'm not trying to say that if you rent directly then you will loose your money, I just want to make it clear that going through agency is generally safer.

If you rent by contacting an agency, they will help you to find a suitable apartment, the big ones have a big offer of apartments in different parts of towns, you can find their offices in city centres or through internet.

Agencies of course, charge for their service, but according to British law they can charge you only "finders fee" which means, when they find you a place to live, you will have to pay provision, which is usually around 200£, but they vary depending on area in England.


Usually you will have to pay a deposit, usually a months price for renting, as well as months fee in advance. That's in case when you go through agency, when it comes to landlords it's different, but it depends on ones will.

After you sign up all the papers, remember to read them, and ask about details, whether you will have to pay for water and gas or electricity, as well as council tax fee.

Remember also, that you are responsible for all damage you cause, like wholes in walls after having a big party or broken windows, you know, this just happen when you party.

Renting a room

Renting a room is a lot cheaper then renting a flat/apartment.

You will most likely pay weekly for it, prices vary from 50 £ a week to 80£ a week.

Of course, different in price is the freedom you get for it.
When you rent a room it's just ONE room, you SHARE the bathroom, kitchen and all that with family that you live with, or with other tenants.

Deposit usually is just for one week in advance, so you need a lot less money to rent a room then to rent a flat.

If you move to england alone, then I would suggest renting a room off a family or sharing a flat with someone, it's way too expensive to rent a flat on your own, trust me on this one.

You can find people to rent a place with in newspapers as well, and on internet, some of websites of letting agencies have a special option for it.

I'm not advertising any, it's easy enough to find them on internet by yourself and make your own choice.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

Saturday, 12 May 2007

Part 4 : Move alone or with friends?

If you think about moving to England, do you consider moving alone,with a friend or maybe with few friends? Or, maybe with family?

Remember that it's always best to move with someone!

Here's why.

Together you will be able to rent an apartment a lot easier.

By living together you divide all expenses by two, you share them between you, which makes surviving a lot easier! If you can move with two friends that's even better.

Together your morale will be stronger.

One of big issues with moving to a different country is being generally lonely.
I noticed this feeling in myself after few months, few friends I communicate through internet who moved as well experienced same feeling.

If you move with a friend/family member it's a lot easier, you have someone to talk in your mother language every day, you have someone with you to share your problems, to talk about any rubbish you wish. You have no idea how important it is.

After being in England half a year I really missed my mother, my friends, I discovered then how important they were to me, even tho when I was living in same town I didn't feel that bond, now I realized how important they are to me.

If it's you and your partner then it'll make a great test for your relationship.

Oh yes, that's some good stuff. I met few couples who came to England either for summer or for good, to work and live together. Some of them splitted apart and came back to their country apart, but those who survived, really love each other. They went through all the problems and obstacles and that can seriously make your relationship deeper and meaningful.
* My tip: Get lots of condoms from your country, because English ones are pretty expensive ^_^ *

Now the problems you may face while moving together.

If you are planning to move with a friend...well, it's better of course, but there are bad sites as well.

When you are moving alone, you are FREE. You can just rent a room from an English family, get any job and generally make for living. You are the master of yourself in your free time, you chose what to do, when to do it, what to eat etc etc. If you find a job quickly you are set.

If you move with someone then it's two of you, you BOTH have to get a job to make for living and if you work at the same place, will be really able to spend ALL the time with the same person and not freak out?

It doesn't seem to be a problem at first, but after half a year of living with same person you can really get fed up, believe me...

If you are willing to move with your partner, it's like I said, it may either work miracles for your relationship or destroy it.

One more thing, if you know someone who already lives in England, then go for it, especially if that person can find you a job and provide shelter.

You can also try and find someone through internet, but that's not the same as moving to someone that you know from real life, there's the issue of trust. And when it comes to something like moving to a different country, you just HAVE TO trust the person you are moving with/to.

So I would like you to think about it. Every option has two sides, just like a coin.
It's an important matter, it really changes a lot so don't underestimate it.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

Friday, 11 May 2007

Part 3 : Transport within UK

Today it is my Will to cover the topic of transport within UK, only essentially but with most important info.

Probably in next days I'll try to get the general prices of traveling to England, but I'm not sure about this...when I come to think about it, describing prices of all main coach services, airways from all countries of the world...hmmm >.>

So anyway, lets focus on transport in England for now. Because after you arrived to England you have to somehow get to the city that you chosed as your destination.


OMG, sorry for this purely internet jargon but I just love English trains, seriously, they are clean, fast, quiet, almost always on time, comfortable, air conditioned...just perfect.

And what's really important they're not expensive.

Well, that's the tricky part...They're not expensive when you for example travel to work and buy a weekly ticket, for my I spend 10£. It's only two stations from where I live, so not a long journey.

Now, a ticket from the place where I live to London costs over 20£, and I mean a ticket in one way, single.

A ticket from my place (it's near Brighton by the way - East Sussex) to Newcastle, return costs over 90£. But Newcastle is at the totally second side of England.

But a coach ticket to Poland costs 80£, where's the logic?

Ah, by the way, return ticket is like a ticket in both ways, it means that if you want to go to London and come back at the same day you have to get a "return".
I was confused at the beginning and I kept asking like "in both ways ticket please" comments... >.>

Anyway, here's the link to a website where you can check prices and times of trains from any part of England to any destination within UK that you can dream about, or rather, that trains go to.

You'll be able to find some special offers but what you need is "Journey Planer"

I love that tool, it's easy to use, gives you all info you need.

National Rail Enquiries website

Ah, one important thing, if you won't be able to buy a ticket from a machine on a station (I don't use them... had some bad experiences...don't ask) then remember that you can buy it from a ticket controller, they are usually really nice people and will be happy to help you.

I think that's the most essential info about train service in UK.

Coaches/ buses

OMG I just love National Express coaches...forgive me speaking of them in such superlatives, but really, when I first came to UK I was amazed.
In my country (Poland) trains and coaches are a total opposite to those in UK.
So seeing how well it all works here, and how great it looks made an impact on me, and even at one time I wanted to work in that business :D

Ok, back to the topic.

I don't really travel by coaches to be honest. From London to my place it took me almost 4 hours traveling by a coach, when by a train it's less then 2h.
Speaks for itself...

But then again, tickets are almost twice cheaper, so for maths fans:

2x time, but /2 price

=o I was never good in maths but I think that this is more or less how it looks in the end.
Coaches are more comfortable then trains(to help you get through that long journey),
drivers are really nice! I mean, I never seen such bond between travelers and such good manners from a coach driver in my life.

On the website, you will find similar journey planner as on the "trains one".

National Express website

Now, for buses, they're prices are different in each town I think, in mine a return ticket goes for 2.5£, a weekly ticket that covers whole town is around 8£.
Buses are quite's not the same standard as National Express of course, but drivers remain nice and polite and helpful and on average buses are quite clean.

About famous, red Double-Deckers.
(those buses with two "floors")
They are so awesome, especially the ones with open roof, not sure how they are called.
Those buses aren't only in England, you can find them in Hong Kong, Berlin, in some Cities in USA. But let's focus on those in England.

You can find them in whole England, not only in London like some tourists think.

I mean, double-deckers are the essence of England, one of things that people connect England with as soon as you mention them.
Just like Red Telephone Boxes. :D

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

Thursday, 10 May 2007

Video with dancing people ^_^

To rest after latest post I decided to post a video I took last weekend.
I randomly encountered some people wearing yellow clothes who started to dance =o
It's made in Hastings downtown, even tho weather is cloudy, like almost always in UK the mood was great.

I have no idea why they were dancing, it happens randomly, it's like third time I seen something like this. ^_^

Sorry for the quality and my movement around but it's my first video for this blog, I'll improve, promise.

Labels: , , , , , ,

Wednesday, 9 May 2007

Part 2 : Do you need a work permit to live in UK?

One of important questions is: "Do I need a work permit to work and live in UK?"

First, if you live in one of European Union (EU) countries you don't need a work permit.

European countries that don't require work permit:

Czech Republic

Swiss nationals don't need work permit as well.

If you live in one of those countries then you can just come to England and work and live here with just your passport.

If you aren't citizen of one of those countries then u might consider checking if you need a UK visa to come to UK.
Click here to check by filling a short form

Basically, if you come from one of the countries on the list and you want to come to england for some time to work and get some cash, then passport is all what you need.

But, if you plan on moving to UK for good, getting a UK resident status and maybe in farer future UK citizenship then you will need to apply for National Insurance number. I described how to do it in my previous post:
Getting National Insurance Number in UK

Also, you will need to apply to Worker Registration Scheme.

Forms for this you can receive by contacting:

Telephone: 0117 3441471.

Or find a form yourself at: Website with all forms

If this is your first application, you must send with your application form:

- a letter from your UK employer which confirms the start date of your employment;

- two passport photographs;

- your passport or ID card;

- payment of £90.

I recommend that you send your application by recorded or special delivery.
Just ask about it at the Post Office, they will know what's that all about.

Getting the decision whether you will be allowed to join Worker Registration Scheme you need to wait up to 3 weeks.

For all the details regarding Worker Registration Scheme visit:
Worker Registration Scheme FAQ website

From my point of view.

I work in England for over eight months now, and no one ever asked me about any papers other then my passport. I don't know if I will stay in England forever, so spending 90£ on the process is quite stupid.

In the end, if you won't get the permission, no one gonna do anything about it, you won't face ANY consequences other then "possible delay in the process of getting citizenship".

Funny fact: a citizen of Gibraltar doesn't need the permit at all. o.o

Now, if you aren't from one of countries on the list

Then your country is probably on this list:

List of countries that citizens living in need UK visa

More on getting a visa :
UK Visa website

By the way, if you live in United States and plan on moving to UK, I have bad news, you need a visa.

I really don't understand this since UK and USA cooperate on battle-front and generally seem to like each other...

You have to make application either to Chicago, Los Angeles, or New York.

If you will to travel with your child or brother/sister, under age of 16 then you can include him/her in same form.

For more information for people from USA that would like to live in UK visit:
British embassies in USA website

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

Tuesday, 8 May 2007

Series Part 1: Guide on how to move to England

Series Part 1: Do You have what it takes to move to UK ?

It's very important in every aspect of life to plan things, as one intelligent man once said “failing to plan is planning to fail”.

First of all answer yourself this question : "Why do I want to move to UK?"

So, why do you want to move to UK? Will you live here only for few months to get some cash from a work that you found through internet? Or are you moving with your family or planning to?
Or maybe you want to come for a year or more to study English but you would like to work part time so you can have some spare cash etc?

Whatever your reason/goal is I’ll try my best to provide you with tips, information and material that will help you.

Answering this first question is very important, not only because it’s important why you want to move to England, but also do you really want to move to England, and do you really have to do it to reach your goal?

Also, with clearly focused target it’s a lot easier to reach it and to succeed.

I would like you to think about it for a while, do you really want to face all problems with moving to England. Depending on your aim you will face different problems, of course most of them will be same, but there are some that will occur only in some cases.

In next parts of this series I will try to explain few main problems that you will face, and it’s only up to you to answer the question “Do I have what it takes to move to UK?”

Important thing is to realize that it’s nothing simple to move to England, most people who came to England can’t find job, many of them end up begging for money or asking in embassy to send them back to their homeland… Do you want to be one of them? I don’t think so.

Don’t understand me wrong, I am not saying that I am some super hero, because I work at office in England, I had good preparations made and a plan in my head, what I lacked was a blog like this one to help me to plan things, and to give me general output on stuff.

I’m also not saying that you can’t move to England and have a successful life without reading this blog, I just hope to make it easier for my readers, to share my experience.

Main topics that I will talk about in this series of posts:

- Problems that you will face coming to England
- How to prepare to journey
- What transport should you choose to come here – prices, websites etc
- Whether to move with friends or alone
- Transport prices within UK
- Prices for renting rooms, apartments etc
- General expenses
- Maybe even some slang :D

So stay put because in next days I’ll be expanding those topics.

Labels: , ,

Sunday, 6 May 2007

How to get medical assistance in England when you are a foreigner

Last summer I had a problem with a wound on my arm, it needed fast medical help.
To get it I went to a hospital (duh). They had a special entrance for emergency affairs, and even tho I didn't yet have National Insurance Number, I did receive help after filling a simple form ( didn't need a passport etc, just basic data like address)
Good thing is that they asked me about my nationality and I received a form with polish translation on it, and doctor who I was consulting with, had a special book in which he had translations of most common terms. I had to wait about 30 minutes to receive consultation, but it wasn't that bad.
Assistance was great, I don't understand how people in England can moan about it, they obviously haven't been to Poland ever.

Anyway, that was an emergency, what if we have a tooth ache or something that is bothering us, like a fever etc.

An important thing I want to note here, if you just have a simple cough or feel head ache, don't go to doctors, because in England you tend to visit doctors only with important matters that simple medicines from pharmacy can't solve.

So, about doctors, to get to a NHS (National Health Service) doctors you first have to register at one, then after you are registered there (you will need your NI number again) you have to set an appointment. Thats the worse part, because even tho people sign up only with more or less important issues, it will probably take few days, over a week to get an appointment, you will probably have to take a day off to get there in time as well, so try not to be ill :D


From what I know, till you are 18 years old, you have free (it's paid from taxes) dental protection, which means that all fillings etc will be free. After that it's very, very expensive, I'm not sure about the prices, and they vary in different parts of UK anyway.

About medicines, basic ones you will receive in emergency situations for free, others I would describe as averagish priced.

Remember, general rule about health is that it's better to prevent then to cure.
So stay fit and healthy, brush your teeth and it'll surely save you lots of money and effort. :D

Labels: ,

Saturday, 5 May 2007

A proper CV accepted by England standards

Ok, thats a very short article, just to post the CV.

As I mentioned in one of my other articles, I'm going to post my CV.
Some of the informations are changed, in some places I left stars, because I consider my personal data as top secret.

It is a proper CV, made for me by people from a government sponsored agency that help to find a job, and it was accepted in few Recruitment Agencies, so I'm sure it's good.

Mirrors for download:

Mirror 1

Mirror 2

Everything that is in italic needs to be deleted and swaped with Your data.

Enjoy and put into good use.

Labels: , ,

Friday, 4 May 2007

Getting a National Insurance Number in UK

This short article will explain how to obtain a National Insurance Number (NI number) in England, as the title shows, duh.

Getting National Insurance Number is essential, it's best to get it as soon as possible after arriving to UK, as it takes long to obtain it.
You can get a job without having one, but in a long run it makes life a lot easier, and it's free.

First thing You need to do is to call JobCentre Plus and arrange a meeting.

At the moment the number is : 0845 600 0643 (8am - 6pm Monday to Friday)

Jobcentre's plus site is :

On that site You can find various different information on seeking job an such, useful.

Before making the call, prepare some documents, because usually they ask many questions, they will also ask for documents that You can provide to prove your address, that You work or actively seek for job and your nationality etc, and those documents will be needed during the meeting as well.

List of documents:

- Valid Passport
- Valid ID Card
- Two or more passports if of dual/multi nationality
- Home Office documents (more about Home Office agenda in next article)
- Work Permit (If you come from European Union then You won't need one)
- Letter from employer (not essential)
- Contract of employment - very important, ask your employer for one
- Evidence of actively seeking work (if you are unemployed, you can get it in your local JobCentre Plus)
- Payslips (usually recruitment agencies send them through post, so always save them)
- Mortgage agreement (I don't have one, maybe in future...)
- Rental agreement - again, very important document, it proves Your address in UK
- Letter confirming where residing - usefull if You don't have rental agreement
- Marriage / Civil Partnership certificate
- Birth certificate - not essential
- Deed poll
- Driving License - If You have one, not essential
- Police Registration Certificate

If You can't call, then there is a JobCentre Plus office in almost every city in UK, You can just go there and talk with an advisor regarding the meeting.

After You set the meeting, it usually will be in few months from the time You call them, they will send a letter on address that You provided.

It will contain the time and date of meeting, documents You should bring with yourself, etc.

Then, after the meeting it takes another few weeks to actually get the number, they will send you a form first, then a plastic card with number on it, don't loose it!

Now, if You are already employed, then provide Your employee with Your brand new Insurance Number.

Whether You will be looking for a new job, willing to claim JSA (Jobseeker's Allowance - more on it in following articles) person that will speak to You over the phone will always ask for You NI number, so have the card in Your wallet, same as debit card and ID, etc.

Labels: , , ,

Google Docs & Spreadsheets -- Web word processing and spreadsheets. Edit this page (if you have permission) | Report spam